Fall that broke humerous, implant rod surgery, now have pain on top outside of forearm and inside of elbow
I broke my humerus in the first and second third of it.
They did implant rod surgey on it. I now have trouble with pain on the inside of the elbow right on the bone and top of the forarm on the top left side.
Dont know if this has anything to do with it but I also have a spot that when my arm moves into that spot I loose control of it and it just falls about three inches and then it is like i regain controll again at that point(ex. if u were in an arm wrestler position)
It does cause the pain in both spots when this happens.
I have told my ortho doctor and he just says he didnt do nothing to that part. Where he did the surgery feels fine and I dont think it has anything to do with that.
I think when I fell I injured something else and it was overlooked. I did this when I fell. If my arm get into certain postions it cause sharp jolts of pain.
The pain on the inside of the elbow started after a pop that caused pain and has hurt ever since.
Some clarifications and questions:
1. Is the fall that broke the arm the same arm
that caused the 'pop' that started the elbow pain?
2. How -exactly- did you fall/land?
3. What exactly is the position that causes the arm to lose control? Does it have to be holding weight for it to lose control?
4. Isn't it just like a doctor to think that one part of your arm is TOTALLY separate from the other part of the arm?
I mean, how could major surgery on your upper arm have -anything- to do with or have repercussions on your lower arm. That's CRAZY!
(yes, that was sarcasm)
5. Does it hurt if you do a bicep curl? If you wiggle your fingers? Open a jar? What kind of pain?
What exactly causes pain, and what is the pain it causes?
Joshua Tucker, B.A., C.M.T.
The Tendonitis Expertwww.TendonitisExpert.com