My 12 Year Old Gymnast Has Tendontis
We just found out my 12 yr old gymnast has tendinitis. They did not give her any pain meds or show us any excersises.
We are in the gym 5 days a week and as you know gymnastics is a hard sport.
What can we do for her to make this go away...
Thanks for all your help.
Yes, I agree, gymnastics (assumably you mean competitive?) is pretty tough on a body.
And usually, that body doesn't have all the nutrients it could use to stay strong and healthy.
So, let's see. I need more information.
1. What kind of tendinitis. Where?
2. Who said it was Tendonitis
3. What are the symptoms? How bad? For how long?
4. How hard does your daughter train? How often, for how long, etc.
5. Is your daughter hypermobile? Meaning, can she touch her thumb to her forarm, when she straightens her arms/legs, do they go past straight?
6. What does her dietary intake look like, in general?
7. Anything else of interest?
Answer those questions, and we'll go from there.
Joshua Tucker, B.A., C.M.T.
The Tendonitis Expertwww.TendonitisExpert.com