Levaquin And Shoulder Tendonitis, Will Surgery Help?
I had sudden onset of left shoulder pain following use of Levaquin antibiotic in May 2008. MRI shows tendonitis, bursitis, rotator cuff tear and frayed labrum. It is now September 2009, I have had physiotherapy (4 different treatment programs) and 3 cortisone injections.
Am waiting (months and months) to see a surgeon. Do you have any info about surgery for this type of problem.
I don't have any information on surgery for this, right off hand.
If the Levaquin caused the damage, and if that damage isn't going to heal, or not heal any time soon, I don't know how good of an idea surgery is.
If Levaquin indeed causes DNA damage to the tendon and other connective tissue, the only way surgery is going to help is if ALL the affected tissue is carved out. If that's a lot of tissue, that's may be more removal than anyone would want.
It depends on your case and specific circumstances.
And, a quick search on Scholar.Google.Com
didn't show me anything about the results of surgery for Levaquin Tendonitis or other Levaquin negative side effects.Questions:
1. How much Levaquin did you take? And, in what Levaquin dosage?
2. Did you have any symptoms in the shoulder before taking Levaquin?
3. Are your symptoms -any- better than they were?
4. BTW, Corticosteroid Injections are incredibly unlikely to help. Have any of the methods you've tried given any relief?
5. Levaquin pain and problem anywhere else in the body?
Joshua Tucker, B.A., C.M.T.
The Tendonitis Expertwww.TendonitisExpert.com
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Jun 04, 23 01:48 AM
Achilles Tendon Pain primarily comes in four forms; Achilles Tendonosis, Achilles Tendonitis, Achilles Tendonopathy, and Achilles Rupture.
May 11, 23 03:17 PM
Hello, I currently do gymnastics (at a low level) and aerial silks recreationally. 2-ish weeks ago, on a Saturday, I practiced gymnastics on a trampoline
May 11, 23 03:10 PM
I had plantar fascitis pain in my left foot for over a year. I had the surgery in June 2010. I got no better, and they told me it was because of a mass