Tendonitis in my left foot from running and training for a half-marathon?
by Anonymous Runner
(Albany, CA, U.S.A)
I've begun to have sharp, lasting pain on the outside of my left foot. I've had x-ray's done and they came back negative...no broken bones or stress fractures.
I have been training for a half marathon and running 4 times a week. Since the pain has started I have given up my training until my foot is fully healed.
I've been trying to stay off of it as much as possible, taking anti-inflammatories, icing and elevating. My question is how long can I expect to be laid up?
What is a general time frame when I can resume running? (with the understanding that I ease back into it very slowly)
I can't give any predictions for recovery, I'll need some more info first.
1. Describe the pain. Where, when, how, how long, what makes better, what makes worse?
2. One foot? Both feet?
3. Why to you think it's Tendonitis
, as opposed to anything else?
4. How long have you been off it? How long icing it? What results do you have from that?
5. History of running? How long, how much, etc.
6. History of foot pain or injury?
Let me know the answers to the above, and let's go from there.
Joshua Tucker, B.A., C.M.T.
The Tendonitis Expertwww.TendonitisExpert.com
Click here to post comments
Return to Ask The Tendonitis Expert .
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Dec 27, 22 01:57 AM
Rest and Relaxation. Why doesn't Rest cure Tendonitis? Discover the difference between Resting and Relaxing
Dec 18, 22 01:38 AM
The How To Guide to Reversing Shoulder Tendonitis
Sep 02, 22 05:32 PM
Have Achilles Tendonitis and/or Achilles Tendonosis repetitive strain injury? Effective Achilles Tendonitis Treatment gets you on your feet, pain free.