Tendonitis in my left foot from running and training for a half-marathon?
by Anonymous Runner
(Albany, CA, U.S.A)
I've begun to have sharp, lasting pain on the outside of my left foot. I've had x-ray's done and they came back negative...no broken bones or stress fractures.
I have been training for a half marathon and running 4 times a week. Since the pain has started I have given up my training until my foot is fully healed.
I've been trying to stay off of it as much as possible, taking anti-inflammatories, icing and elevating. My question is how long can I expect to be laid up?
What is a general time frame when I can resume running? (with the understanding that I ease back into it very slowly)
I can't give any predictions for recovery, I'll need some more info first.
1. Describe the pain. Where, when, how, how long, what makes better, what makes worse?
2. One foot? Both feet?
3. Why to you think it's Tendonitis
, as opposed to anything else?
4. How long have you been off it? How long icing it? What results do you have from that?
5. History of running? How long, how much, etc.
6. History of foot pain or injury?
Let me know the answers to the above, and let's go from there.
Joshua Tucker, B.A., C.M.T.
The Tendonitis Expertwww.TendonitisExpert.com