Wrist Tendonitis and 5 days of swelling in 11 year old's right hand
My son who is 11 and is right handed he has tendonitis in his right wrist. It has been swollen for about 5 days.
I took him to the Dr. about 2 days ago. He said to give him motrin every 6 hrs. and he wrapped it in an ace bandage.
Well, it is still just as swollen as it has been and my son is complaining its painful. What is making this so bad is he is right handed and it's difficult for him to do school work.
So it's been a couple weeks since you asked this question....I took a little hiatus from answering questions.
So if it's still necessary, give me an update.
The questions I would have had are:
1. What does he do physically that he has tendonitis at age 11? That's gotta be A LOT of video games....?
2. Did he have a fall or the equivalent that could have injured him?
3. How's his overall health, and how's his nutritional intake?
4. How swollen is 'swollen'?
5. Did you do anything for it other than motrin and ace bandage?----------------------
Please reply using the comment link below. Do not submit a new submission to answer/reply, it's too hard for me to find where it's supposed to go.
Joshua Tucker, B.A., C.M.T.
The Tendonitis Expertwww.TendonitisExpert.com
Click here to post comments
Return to Ask The Tendonitis Expert .
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Dec 27, 22 01:57 AM
Rest and Relaxation. Why doesn't Rest cure Tendonitis? Discover the difference between Resting and Relaxing
Dec 18, 22 01:38 AM
The How To Guide to Reversing Shoulder Tendonitis
Sep 02, 22 05:32 PM
Have Achilles Tendonitis and/or Achilles Tendonosis repetitive strain injury? Effective Achilles Tendonitis Treatment gets you on your feet, pain free.