Wrist Tendonitis and 5 days of swelling in 11 year old's right hand
My son who is 11 and is right handed he has tendonitis in his right wrist. It has been swollen for about 5 days.
I took him to the Dr. about 2 days ago. He said to give him motrin every 6 hrs. and he wrapped it in an ace bandage.
Well, it is still just as swollen as it has been and my son is complaining its painful. What is making this so bad is he is right handed and it's difficult for him to do school work.
So it's been a couple weeks since you asked this question....I took a little hiatus from answering questions.
So if it's still necessary, give me an update.
The questions I would have had are:
1. What does he do physically that he has tendonitis at age 11? That's gotta be A LOT of video games....?
2. Did he have a fall or the equivalent that could have injured him?
3. How's his overall health, and how's his nutritional intake?
4. How swollen is 'swollen'?
5. Did you do anything for it other than motrin and ace bandage?----------------------
Please reply using the comment link below. Do not submit a new submission to answer/reply, it's too hard for me to find where it's supposed to go.
Joshua Tucker, B.A., C.M.T.
The Tendonitis Expertwww.TendonitisExpert.com