neck aches and headaches
by Frieda C.
I am awakened in the middle of the night with one side of the neck muscle tight and a headache.
Should I use a special pillow? I can't seem to find one that doesn't give me these problems.
Well hello there Aunt Frieda! (Or is that second cousin, or second cousin once removed?)
Thanks for adding the picture. I haven't seen you for so long I had forgotten how pretty you are :) Plus, it provides good clues about your neck tightness and headache questions.
So what's going on with your neck? I think I have just the thing for you, but I need some more information first.
1. How long has this been going on? Is it new? Recurring?
2. Is it always just the one side of your neck?
3. Is there always a headache attached to the neck tightness?
4. What kind of pillow do you use now? Big/small? Soft/firm?
5. Any other pains in general, neck/shoulders/back?
6. Any history of whiplash or related incident, car crash, falling off a horse, down stairs, etc. I'm just looking for history of possible trauma to the neck.
7. The more clues, the better.
Let me know so I can provide you with the best answer that will help you the most.
Joshua Tucker, B.A., C.M.T.
The Tendonitis Expert