Quad Tendonosis options a year after acl surgery
I was diagnosed with quad tendonosis in june.
A year previous to this i had acl surgery on the same leg.
Before I could pinpoint my extreme pain my doc did a scope on the leg and cleaned it out.
The pain persisted and that is when i was diagnosed with severe tendonosis in the quad tendon.
Since then I have had 3 Prp injections and tried everything under the sun as far as modalities and Physical Therapy.
It is now november and I have no improvement whatsoever.
I am a professional basketball player and i obviously am a free agent or I would have more people on my side.
I am now realizing that not only is this season a long shot but I am beginning to believe this may be the end of my career because of this pain.
I can never get a straight answer on if surgery is a possibility for this. Is it? what does it entail? what is the success rate? rehab time? Potential long term problems being that I am a high level athlete?
Thanks in advance I will be anxiously awaiting a reply!
So, why exactly, I wonder, were you diagnosed with Tendonosis
as opposed to Tendonitis
1. What did your doctor tell
2. What exactly did the doctor 'clean out?' And when exactly did that happen in relation to the acl surgery and the diagnosis in June?
3. When does the season start, in the context of how long do you have to heal before you have to start getting back to high level activity?
4. What happened that you had to have acl surgery?
5. History of Tendonitis pain or injury?
7. General description of dietary intake.
8. PRP didn't help at all? (Bummer, I like the idea of PRP, I hope it turns out to be an effective treatment.)
9. Say a little more about what exactly you have tried, and whether it worked a little, a lot, or not at all.
Joshua Tucker, B.A., C.M.T.
The Tendonitis Expertwww.TendonitisExpert.com
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Dec 27, 22 01:57 AM
Rest and Relaxation. Why doesn't Rest cure Tendonitis? Discover the difference between Resting and Relaxing
Dec 18, 22 01:38 AM
The How To Guide to Reversing Shoulder Tendonitis
Sep 02, 22 05:32 PM
Have Achilles Tendonitis and/or Achilles Tendonosis repetitive strain injury? Effective Achilles Tendonitis Treatment gets you on your feet, pain free.