Cracking and popping inner left ankle above foot. Severe achilles pain that comes and goes in left posterior ankle.
For about 6 months I have experienced constant cracking/popping in my left inner ankle area at times causeing pain. In the past two months have been experiencing severe pain in the outside posterior region of my left ankle that comes and goes.
When the pain occurs I have minimal to no movement of my foot, its like it just locks up. It is extremely painful to stand, walk, or attempt to stretch out.
It is somewhat relieved if I squeeze the achilles tendant. Ice and oral NSAID' have little to no affect. I am a nurse and on my feet constantly.
Hi Jess. Thanks for all the details.
1. How did you ice it, that had no effect. How, and how much?
2. What does if feel like when it's hard to stretch out the ankle.
3. Describe the pain in greater detail. Who, how, what, when, where.
4. 10 hour shifts, yes? How is it on your feet all day? Hurt during, hurt after?
5. Say more about comes and goes.
6. Describe 'severe' pain.
7. Any previous injury to the area, etc?
9. Overall health?
10. Does anything specific start a bout of severe pain? And, how long does it last? Does it just go away on it's own?----------------------
Please reply using the comment link below. Do not submit a new submission to answer/reply, it's too hard for me to find where it's supposed to go.
And, comments have a 3,000 character limit so you may have to comment twice.
Joshua Tucker, B.A., C.M.T.
The Tendonitis Expertwww.TendonitisExpert.com
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
May 11, 23 03:17 PM
Hello, I currently do gymnastics (at a low level) and aerial silks recreationally. 2-ish weeks ago, on a Saturday, I practiced gymnastics on a trampoline
May 11, 23 03:10 PM
I had plantar fascitis pain in my left foot for over a year. I had the surgery in June 2010. I got no better, and they told me it was because of a mass
May 11, 23 03:04 PM
I started a high protein/low carb diet in late January this year. By the end of Feb, I had lost about 6 kg. At that time, (late Feb) I also got Achilies